Sunday, April 11, 2021

fandom



My Dear Sir

The glow is gone

Oh…the interest remains

Though now it merely simmers

and comes to a boil only infrequently 

the temperature instantly dialed back

Gone are the days when every syllable that tumbled from your lips required scrutiny 

Every word needed examination for its meaning

Your whole history memorized for subsequent analysis and discussion 

Now one is hard pressed to even remember current and past projects let alone what is proposed for the future 

You have achieved your goal and moved far from your beginnings 

You quietly operate from behind coming forth only when suitable and required

Kudos to you. The satisfaction must be immense. 

But the flame is dying back

No more innumerable postings and earnest discussions

Though the diehards still trudge through the past prizing any new information and images

And I still follow them marking each and every entry not just a with a terse thumbs up but with a nostalgic heart

 

My Dear Madam

It was all too much

Though at the beginning the attention fulfilled a need

The one that comes from never feeling good enough

Hard to believe right? Me?

And was it ever fixed by all the accolades? Perhaps. Or perhaps just buried or maybe transformed 

But it all got so old

Even getting married couldn’t rid me of my devoted fandom

So I began to withdraw

To make myself less accessible 

Not playing into and along with the giggles and the banter

I just wanted more time with my family

And the privacy that comes with status

Now the hordes have dissipated 

The numbers down to just a few 

Like you my dear madam

Always steadfast always there

Reminding me from whence I’ve come and ever guiding me towards the future

Your nostalgic heart balances me and creates the context of my being

©Karen Casady 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment